Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Search for Spiritus Mundi

The mud of the dirt road was frozen and the light of the moon barely filtered down through the trees, still I kept moving and ignored the fact that I could twist an ankle at any time.


Something had called me out into the woods... I have no idea why.

Actually, that's a lie.

Ever since my friend Edgar went missing, I'd known something was horribly wrong in Smallborotonville. Edgar was the third friend I'd had who just disappeared suddenly and without any notice. Something about this sleepy little town just was not right.

The Batcave is still a haven... But a haven in shark-infested waters.

So I set out. On foot. Following nothing but that tiny voice of instinct.

I was trying diligently to empty my mind completely, searching for that small voice... Spiritus Mundi... The spirit of the world that knows everything and disperses that information to anyone quiet enough to seek it...

Somehow I ended up several miles from home, on a back road that hadn't been plowed for most of the winter. Nothing lay in my path but two dark, frozen, mud ruts. I continued forward... straight to the mouth of disaster. The moonlight through the trees made their swaying branches look like skeletal fingers grasping for the stars.

I barely slowed.

There was something in the woods ahead. Hopefully it would be my friend Edgar but there was no real telling...

No comments:

Yup... you guessed it...some random person I'm putting up a picture of...no relation to me at all

Yup... you guessed it...some random person I'm putting up a picture of...no relation to me at all
Okay fine. It's me.