Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Do YOU Have a Secret Life?

Recently a friend of mine mentioned that people thought he had a "secret life."

Personally, I was pretty impressed. Generally I don’t realize that people have secret lives... I mean, I guess that’s pretty naive, considering my own escapades. Still, I generally assume that people tell me the truth and that what I see is what I get.

But now I wonder...

And I’ve found myself making up secret lives for some of the people I work with...

Naturally I can’t reveal names... but here are some of my musings...

DrCrazy: I know he’s a closeted musician, but now I’m thinking that he does more than just play a few tunes with friends in Laconia on the weekends. In fact, I think I saw him come in late one day... Someone dropped him off in a van... And there were some girls in the back who looked like groupies...

BillNye: Let’s face it... No one with the intestinal fortitude to show up day after day in a sweater vest could possibly survive life without a secret life. You see, what no one knows about BillNye is that he is really a cat burgler. I once saw him scale a 3 story building when I was living in Penacook. Three years later, I realize that it was indeed him... It was the Adam’s apple that gave him away, you can see that thing from space without a telescope...

WomanofMystery: Everyone knows her...yet... NO ONE knows her. Though she’s worked at the Saltmine for years, she plays her cards close to the vest. Literally. You see, she’s not just an Economic genius... She’s also a card-shark. Every time you hear about a high stakes, illegal poker game operating out of a back room in a local town... It’s her. How do YOU think she can afford all that expensive DD coffee?

I’m just sayin’.

I bet there are others out there... You know who you are.

And now, I’ll be watching you. Just ask me... with one look I can decipher your secret life.

Don’t believe it?

Just test me.

I dare ya.

No comments:

Yup... you guessed it...some random person I'm putting up a picture of...no relation to me at all

Yup... you guessed it...some random person I'm putting up a picture of...no relation to me at all
Okay fine. It's me.