Friday, March 28, 2008

Dying Embers, Or, A Fitting Conclusion to This Day of All Days

Snowflakes fell, small forgotten tumblers to the doom that awaits us all...


The road was dark and cold, ice dripped from rooftops and I sat waiting too. The end when it came took the form of a word, shot from a keyboard. I danced back, caught by surprise that you didn’t know I could be wounded. You were stunned by that power-- yours all along... I said,

"I surrender."

I sheilded myself as best I could but my heart was a bull’s eye--red. The darkness, when it came, was welcome release from caring; ignore me. I gave up on the future. Thought only of the past; how fleeting was the life lived. Only in dreams was I the woman I wished I was. Through my dreams, I lived.

Now I seek a reason to keep trying, though I fear I won’t find one...

"I surrender to the end which must inevitibly come... soon."

The End



Note: This entire blog entry was written in haiku.

Count the syllables if you don’t believe me.

P.S. I’m not quite as emo as I sound... Though I definitely have a tendency to care too much and take things entirely too personally.

(It’s a personal failure that I’m working on--give me some time, okay)?

I’m socially retarded, so I can be pretty obnoxious.

It’s part of my charm.

No comments:

Yup... you guessed it...some random person I'm putting up a picture of...no relation to me at all

Yup... you guessed it...some random person I'm putting up a picture of...no relation to me at all
Okay fine. It's me.