Monday, April 21, 2008

Drama Anyone? (An Irregularly Scheduled Rant)

It's funny. Must be something in the air...

I have a friend who recently closed up shop (so to speak) on Myspace. She said, "I've had enough of this crap and I'm outta here."

Don't worry, this isn't a rant about her, she's an awesome person and I believe she had her reasons. Furthermore, I certainly can't blame her for wanting less drama in her life... Goodness knows I've considered doing exactly the same thing myself on more than one occasion. (Yes, I actually have considered deleting my account on Myspaz and giving up blogging--at least on there...not here). For now, I've decided to wait on it.

Again, dramatic? Melodramatic? You be the judge.

This really irks me, since one of the things I always detested in my mother was that she was so dramatic... When I was a kid it was like every day of my life with her was a page out of The Worst Case Scenario Handbook. I've always said I really didn't want to be like that myself.

And here we are...back to your regularly scheduled drama, already in progress...

Of course, I work in a Saltmine...my daily life is shrouded in a thick miasma of drama. On a weekly basis there are fights, feuds, and fierce rivalries...

Which brings up an interesting question, as well as a chance for a good rant...something I haven't done in a while.

The question is...why all the drama?

Seriously. Even when I attempt to stand firm on my Buddhist principles, I find that there is a part of me that seems to actually WANT to get sucked into drama. How is this possible?

Now, of course, a lot of what I say has to be taken with a grain of salt. The people who know me best realize that I'm a complete story teller...and let's face it, no superhero story is very good unless you triumph over overwhelming odds and save the day. So yeah, some of my stories seem to rub off on my view of the world...I think that's probably inevitable. Still, for the most part, when I'm melodramatic, it's ALL IN FUN. Meaning of course, I don't actually believe it when I say things like:

If someone hurts me, "IT'S A CONSPIRACY!"
If someone ignores me, "THEY HATE ME!"

Yes, I am a grammarian superheroine with a tendency toward hyperbole. But still...

Case in point, I posted a blog today about something that was making me feel dramatic... I referred to the thing I was blogging about as... "that tool of the devil... that destroyer of lives"... LOL

See what I mean?

So, what I'm saying is...Do we all just make up drama for the fun of it? Or is it just me?

I'm thinking of making myself a t-shirt that says..."I love my drama"

Anyone else want one? LOL

By the way... I also love vacation...

I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Yup... you guessed it...some random person I'm putting up a picture of...no relation to me at all

Yup... you guessed it...some random person I'm putting up a picture of...no relation to me at all
Okay fine. It's me.