Sunday, May 4, 2008

Yet Another Formal Event Sucks My Soul Out Through My Ears

Last night I arrived home at 2am after attending yet another formal event...

For the fourth year I was invited to attend the Saltmine Prom.

Yes, the PROM.

And I tell ya, there is absolutely NOTHING like being 33 years old, getting all dressed up, attending a Saltmine dance... ALONE... To make you feel like a complete and utter WINNER at LIFE.

Let me just set the scene for you...

The room was on the 3rd floor of a place I'll call... The BrickMill.

The floors were hardwood. The walls were made of brick. The room was tiny, decorated in christmas lights and lovely blue and white bouquets. The food was quite good actually.

It was cold.

Until the dancing began.

At which point, it took less than 30 minutes for the room to become so packed with pheromones that you could practically body surf on them. Hell... you could practically SEE them.

And let me tell you... The only thing better than being a 33 year old single woman at a Saltmine Formal Event, is being a 33 year old single woman who knows that she is virtually the ONLY person in a room who will be going home to her CATS at the end of an evening of music, dancing, food and raging hormones.

Ahhh...Youth.

Anyway, I will admit that the evening had its high points. Everyone looked beautiful, I got to buy some sexy new shoes and a dress that was pretty damn fabulous (if I do say so myself), and I got to hang out with some of my favorite people.

Naturally, a couple of the other Saltmine workers gave me crap... "Why aren't you sitting with us? Are you trying to say that you'd rather hang out with Inmates?"

Uhh, actually... Yes, yes I am.

Plus... what do I have in common with people who teach mythological subjects like... Chemistry? Physics?

Let's face it, you and I both know that Chemistry and Physics do not exist.

I am proof that there is no such thing as gravity or the laws of thermodynamics.

All you have to do to know that is take a look at my shoes to know that.

I'm just sayin'.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Do you have pictures?
I would love to see the dress.
And the shoes.

The Pirate Queen said...

I promise you will be supplied with a multitude of pictures...possibly more than you want to see...

And oh, those naughty shoes... I LOVE THEM!

And wait until I tell you how The Aviator and I freaked one of the other Saltmine Inmates out...

Yup... you guessed it...some random person I'm putting up a picture of...no relation to me at all

Yup... you guessed it...some random person I'm putting up a picture of...no relation to me at all
Okay fine. It's me.