Monday, May 5, 2008

Why I Need a Night Light

As you are well aware by now, the Pirate Queen has a myriad of hidden talents and skills...aka kicking ninja behind, bending the law of gravity and, of course, bellydancing (shhh...It's a secret).

But there's one talent I have that I'm not so proud of.

I am able to freak myself out like nobody's business.

Case in point... I currently live alone in a house that resembles the Gingerbread House from Hanzel and Gretel.

It's a good little house.

Just one problem... My bedroom is on the second floor. This has many positive attributes, however, there is one major drawback...

No easy escape route handy for when the whacked out pyscho killer emerges from the trees that separate me from the rest of civilization.

Not that I think a psycho killer is coming for me or anything (I'm not THAT paranoid... YET).

Unfortunately, there are times when I'm lying in bed, staring out of the skylight or the sliding glass doors and I'll suddenly hear a strange noise from downstairs...

I have no closets to hide in.

The bed is too low to the floor for me to get under it.

And the cats, though fierce, will most likely COMPLETELY FAIL to protect me from a large man weilding a 6' stiletto...

Uhh...

I think I hear a noise down stairs...

Cold chills are racing down my spine, up my neck and making my hair react unpleasantly...

Oh Mother of Carlos... I'm gonna die...

Please...someone call 9-1-1...

I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Yup... you guessed it...some random person I'm putting up a picture of...no relation to me at all

Yup... you guessed it...some random person I'm putting up a picture of...no relation to me at all
Okay fine. It's me.