Sunday, May 4, 2008

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility, Or, With a Great Honor, Comes Great Anxiety

I got some news at the Saltmine yesterday but I haven't really told many people about it yet. Apparently, some of the Inmates voted for me to speak at an event being held at the end of the year (June 14th I believe).

Actually, enough of them voted for me to speak that I actually won.

Dude...You could have knocked me over with a crayon. (I'm trying some new analogies on for size).

But honestly, when MrStrangeHairdo came and told me...or rather, asked me, "They voted for you...will you do it? You don't have to answer right away..."

I answered right away.

I mean, who would say no? Who could say no? (Seriously, the day in question is all about them and what they want...It would be selfish to refuse, even if I had wanted to refuse, which I didn't).

Of course, now the bigger question remains...

What the heck to say?

I am well and truly freaked out.

I'm thinking the same thing I did when the Saltmine hired me...

"What were they THINKING?"

This is going to require a great deal of thought...

I'll get back to you on that.

No comments:

Yup... you guessed it...some random person I'm putting up a picture of...no relation to me at all

Yup... you guessed it...some random person I'm putting up a picture of...no relation to me at all
Okay fine. It's me.