Monday, May 12, 2008

I Just Love Monday Mornings

Ahhh...there's nothing like waking up on a Monday morning and freezing your butt off.

I made the rookie mistake of leaving a downstairs window open and it's a bit...brisk in here right now.

Plus, I fell asleep wearing a tank top and (of all things) a skirt.

My soul feels like smouldering embers but my skin is like ice. I refuse to move from this bed.

There are three cats on the bed, one sleeping on my feet, one on my back and one my pillow. Apparently they don't like the cold either.

Plus, there's a text message on my phone about Starbucks, which gives me an excuse to lay here for a while, since they don't open until 6:30. Good news for me, since that allows me to avoid exercising this morning.

I'm such a backslider.

But at least I'll be a backslider with good coffee.

Go me.

I had strange dreams last night filled with people I don't know very well and talking trees...

And I woke up with this haiku in my head...

"The tree stretched
lay on the garage roof
You have your heaven it said,
Go to it."

(That's a paraphrase by the way).

I really should get up but my theory is, as long as I'm philosophizing I have an excuse to remain right where I am.

That's my story... and I'm sticking to it.

Yo Ho, Yo Ho.

Is it bad that I woke myself up this morning humming my profile song?

These ramblings are disjointed...much like my sleep pattern...Just a coincidence?

Dang. Cat on the pillow is biting my hair...Time to get up.

I still haven't come up with anything impressively funny and moving to say in my speech and I can feel the deadline sneaking up behind me like a freshman with a squirtgun full of fake blood...

Ug. Coffee... bye.

No comments:

Yup... you guessed it...some random person I'm putting up a picture of...no relation to me at all

Yup... you guessed it...some random person I'm putting up a picture of...no relation to me at all
Okay fine. It's me.