Monday, February 25, 2008

The Pirate Queen Gets an Ultimatum

When I woke up I was on the floor of Room 117 aka Headquarters, hog tied and blinded by the lights. The pounding in my head was so loud that I was sure it must be audible to everyone else in the room. The Superheroes weren't there but there were several ninjas, including Shiruken and quite a few Guild members. The guy in the blue uniform was still there and he was staring down at me and smirking. If I hadn't been gagged I would have let loose with a string of Pirate profanity. As soon as this thought crossed my mind I felt a searing pain in my head followed by a voice in my brain that surely must have belonged to BlueUniform saying, "Now, now "my Queen…" Be a nice girl and don't use such foul language in the presence of a gentleman." This was followed by laughter from everyone in the room. Apparently this jerk-off was broadcasting our mind-to-mind conversation to everyone in the room.

At this point Shiruken seemed to lose patience. He stepped over to me, looked down and said, "You didn't really believe what Andreas said in that note, did you? Seriously, I think you may have begun to fall for your own hype… Tell me Queenie, do you plan to "blog" this?"

I could feel my face turning purple as I held my breath and struggled uselessly against my bonds.

I knew it was futile, but I couldn't help it… My Superheroes were Carlos-knows-where and I was stuck here taking verbal jabs from a short guy in a fake uniform and the absolute worst ninja leader who ever wielded a blade. I could actually taste the fury in my mouth…It reminded me of cough medicine…

Anyway, though I continued to struggle, it was still to no avail.

Finally, after watching me for a few moments Shiruken gave some sort of signal and once again the voice of BlueUniform was in my head. He said, "Queenie dear, you have three days to turn over the Kraken's eyes, or the loss of your friends will be the least of your worries... You know, there are lots of things we could do to them that would make the dismemberment of your buddy Shaggy's wings seem but a fond memory... Three days..."

Once again, I was thumped on the head rather hard and for a while I was lost in darkness. All I remember of the dreams that followed was wandering in a dark place, calling out to the Superheroes...

When I woke, I had a plan. And yet another major headache.

Someone pass the ibuprofin please.

No comments:

Yup... you guessed it...some random person I'm putting up a picture of...no relation to me at all

Yup... you guessed it...some random person I'm putting up a picture of...no relation to me at all
Okay fine. It's me.