Saturday, July 17, 2010

Once More... With Feeling!

Sometimes it feels really weird having a diary that anyone in the whole world could look at if they really wanted to... But then I look at the SiteMeter on this page, and I realize...

"Huh... Apparently no one actually wants to read my thoughts. Well, okay then."

And I go about my merry little way.

So it is with that thought in mind that I inscribe this missive to all those who will never read it. Yes indeed.

It is once again late at night. It is once again hot. And as on other occasions... I cannot possibly fall asleep.

Why?

Well, for once I have an actual reason.

My reason is complete mystification. Yes, I know it's hard to believe that I can't understand something, being the kick ass grammarian super-heroine that you know and love... But I just don't get it.

There are actually two hidden things going on in the Queen's life right now. The first is that I discovered recently that a mercenary with whom I once had dealings is dying. No one knows about this except one of his offspring, myself, and Papergrrl, since she is the only one that I've told about this.

And I'm torn. On the one hand, I feel sad that the offspring in question is so distraut. Now he's mostly distraught not by the fact that the mercenary is dying, but by the fact that he is homeless and continues to return to the great outdoors instead of dying in a hospital bed. Apparently, he has gone to the hospital several times, but given the fact that he has the plague, they have said that there is nothing they can really do for him. Naturally, his illness is exacerbated by the fact that he split his head open on a railroad tie at some point during a fight with another mercenary.

Naturally, I'm vaguing this up for you, in order to protect both the innocent and the guilty.

Guess how I spent Friday afternoon this week?

I'll tell you... Hunting for homeless camps in Concord. Oh yea, I cannot possibly make this shit up. I only hunted for him in order to hopefully scare him into staying in the hospital in order to make his offspring feel better.

I didn't find him, but Papergrrl and I are still looking.

Of course I also mentioned another hidden issue.

That one is a bit more sensitive, and I'm loathe to discuss it... Even with you. I mean, I know I can trust you not to say anything... But it's a bit embarassing.

Suffice to say... Clearly, I don't have a fucking clue, and I absolutely hate that.

Why can't we all just say what we really mean? It would make life so much simpler. (Naturally, given the fact that I've basically told you nothing about the second issue at the same time as I say that I wish people would just say what they really think is totally ironic. Trust me, the irony of that statement wasn't lost on me, there just isn't much I can do about it).

*sigh*

Alright... I guess I'm done for now.

Sorry for turning all girly on you. My bad.

No comments:

Yup... you guessed it...some random person I'm putting up a picture of...no relation to me at all

Yup... you guessed it...some random person I'm putting up a picture of...no relation to me at all
Okay fine. It's me.