Sunday, June 15, 2008

Too Smart for My Own Damn Good

I don't know about you but when I was little my mother used to tell me...

"Be careful what you go looking for...You might find it."

For most of my pirate life, I have found this to be true... Painfully true. Mostly because, in addition to being a kick-ass pirate queen, I am also incredibly goddamn nosey. I mean, the last time I stuck my nose in where it wasn't wanted, I ended up in the back seat of a '65 Buick, suspended from an overhead crane with my arms and legs bound with electrician's tape. I mean, sure... I escaped, but even still...

You think I would've learned my lesson and stopped my never ending quest for information that won't do anything but hurt and upset me... But if you think that... You just don't know who you're dealing with.

I thrive on emotional pain.

It's a gift... and a curse.

Plus, the truth is, my powers of research have left me with a great many sources... (I do teach journalism remember). Basically, if you need to get information on something, I am a pretty good source. If I don't know how to find something out...I know someone else who does know.

I am quite literally too damn smart for my own good.

Now here's where the problem comes in...

I sometimes find myself backed into a corner... I don't necessarily WANT to know things... But I find myself irresistibly attracted to information. Most of the time, this is just harmless fun... but there are other times when it comes back to bite me in the ass.

Do you see how this sort of thing can go horribly, horribly awry?

Then of course, there is the other problem...

People are always telling me things that I don't want to hear. Things for which I have absolutely no answer or response beyond..."Uhh..."

Yet, I am drawn in. And of course, though some people might find it difficult to believe... I can keep a secret. Maybe better than anyone else you know. Yes, I talk...but when it comes down to the important stuff,

Information goes in... but it doesn't come out.

If you've noticed that this posting is more than unusually vague... Make of it what you will. It's been a long FUCKING two weeks.

I have been exhausted.
I have been used.
I have been elated.
I have been appreciated.
I have been blown off.
I have been cheered up.
I have been ignored.
I have been admired.
I have been crushed.

Basically, it's been a freaking emotional rollercoaster...and pardon the language but I have to say,

I'm fucking DONE for the day.

No comments:

Yup... you guessed it...some random person I'm putting up a picture of...no relation to me at all

Yup... you guessed it...some random person I'm putting up a picture of...no relation to me at all
Okay fine. It's me.